The emails are not being shown in the forms

I am not able to view the emails that are coming from my forms in the website.
The forms are being recognized by netlify, but the emails which I am collecting is not being shown

Hi Roshan,

This happened to me once and adding name='email' to the email input tag fixed it for me. Always have name attribute in your form’s input tags.

Hi, @Roshan-Thomas. There is more about debugging forms here:

Would you please take a look at that guide and see if the troubleshooting advice there helps? If not, would you please send us the following details?

1. The URL for your live form as you want visitors to use it
  2. The URL of your deployed html form (in case you have a javascript form, we need to literally be linked to the html version you’ve deployed as mentioned above - look for “pure javascript”)
  3. The form name that you’ve set and that shows in our UI
  4. Any errors or logs from the Netlify build logs, dashboard or browser developer console
  5. Description of anything you have tried that did or didn’t help or make things better/worse

Also, I want to +1 what @sanjayponraj said. A missing name attribute would for the input would cause this. Also, if the input is missing the the HTML version of the form then it would also not submit the missing (missing from the HTML) field correctly.

Again, if the guide above doesn’t help please reply here to let us know.

I tried putting name=“email”, but still the emails are not being shown.
@luke @sanjayponraj

Here is the code snippet for the react component i used:

import React from 'react';
import { Form, Col, Button } from 'react-bootstrap';

const RequestAccessForm = props => {
    return (
        <div className="request-form">
            <Form name="request-access" method="POST" data-netlify="true">
                <input type="hidden" name="request-access" value="request-access" />
                <h1>Try our awesome product.</h1>
                <Form.Row className="align-items-center">
                <Col xs="auto">
                    <Form.Label htmlFor="inlineFormInput" srOnly>
                    </Form.Label>
                    <Form.Control
                    className="mb-2 form__input"
                    id="inlineFormInput"
                    placeholder="Email"
                    type="email"
                    name="email"
                    />
                </Col>
                <Col xs="auto">
                    <Button type="submit" className="button">Request Early Access</Button>
                </Col>
                </Form.Row>
            </Form>
        </div>
    )
}

export default RequestAccessForm;

Hi, @Roshan-Thomas, if you would like our support team to assist please provide the details below:

1. The URL for your live form as you want visitors to use it
  2. The URL of your deployed html form (in case you have a javascript form, we need to literally be linked to the html version you’ve deployed as mentioned above - look for “pure javascript”)
  3. The form name that you’ve set and that shows in our UI
  4. Any errors or logs from the Netlify build logs, dashboard or browser developer console
  5. Description of anything you have tried that did or didn’t help or make things better/worse

Hi @luke,

The URL: https://pipory.netlify.app/
My github repo: https://github.com/Roshan-Thomas/pipory-landing-page
The form name: request-access

I tried putting the name="email" but it still shows the same problem. The emails are not shown in the netlify forms section.
Immedietly after changing the name="email", one email request got submitted, and I got one submission. But after that, everytime, I try…its gives me a 404 page.

I have gives the code snippet for the react component in the message above

hi there, question: do you have a plain-text html included in your project? it needs to have exactly the same fields (including names) as your js-generated form, as we parse the html version on build time.

Any changes you make to the JS should also be made to the html. I poked around a bit but couldn’t see one.

I have fixed the issue.
Thanks for the help guys