TLDR: I did the contrary of the documentation and it worked better
- I use Google Domains to manage the DNS
- Yet there was a netlify DNS ZONE active (this probably enabled the “hack”)
- I activated Branch deploy for branch
- I activated the feature for the subdomain
en(english) to match the branch in netlify DNS
- I renewed the CERTIFICATE , it generated a certificate for
- Then I deleted the netlify DNS zone as recommended when handling DNS outside
- Yet everything still somehow works?
I’m totally confused because I made the contrary of what is prescribed here [Support Guide] How to use Netlify’s branch deploy feature without Netlify DNS and yet everything works and arguably even better as I didnt have to manually ask for a certificate!
- My CNAME record does not follow the
en.wwwrecommendation, but the doc says it is required, and yet it works…