Not able to verify a .com domain

You must own XXXXXX.com to complete all the steps.

When I am trying to verify it is showing this

Invalid domain name

We couldn’t recognize your domain name. If you’re certain that it’s valid, please contact support for guidance.

I own the domain, I just bought it

Hi @ArunTeltia

Can you provide a screenshot of the issue?

when I am trying to verify the domain it is showing I cant verify it is telling me that error

I had a deadline so I used some other resouce to up the domain

but check this out when I am trying to use this domain

this is the same message that is coming for me
also if its possible can this thread get private

@coelmay
is there any issue no domain is working
its not working for any accounts
i tried to use a substitute account and it did not work as well

Its not able to verify my domain
Please can you check it. I really love netlify and i really dont want to move to any other place

Thank you so much

Is the issue with the .com domain you originally posted, or the .io domain in the screenshot?

Why do you want to make the thread private?

the domain i am trying to do is .io now

I have the domain and it is still showing me that

and no worries with the private thread

for every domain I am trying to add it is not verifying and showing me that error
whether it is .com or .io

the .com domain I have already deployed from the cpanel because of the deadline i was facing

i just tried to do the .io and it is showing that error

I have escalated this to Netlify Support.

1 Like

thank you so much please let me know. Netlify saves a lot of time for me so really want it to fix soon

Hi @coelmay
I’m also getting this issue when integrating my .com domain.

Add the domain to Netlify
You must own intan-whildan.com to complete all the steps.

Invalid domain name

We couldn’t recognize your domain name. If you’re certain that it’s valid, please contact support for guidance.

Please help!

Hi @idindrakusuma

Sorry to hear you are having issues too.

It would appear there is an issue with Netlify. I have already escalated this thread to support. They will deal with the issues presented here as soon as they are able.

I have a custom domain from cloudflare but I am having trouble adding it to netlify (.studio) domain…

the error message: Invalid domain name
We couldn’t recognize your domain name. If you’re certain that it’s valid,

My domain name is correct. I’m not sure why it’s not working.
Somebody please help. Thanks

Hi @Renz

I have moved your post to a related thread which is already escalated to support. Please hold tight and they will respond as soon as possible.

Also experiencing this same issue and came across this thread. Never seen this error before. I’ve repeated these custom domain setup steps dozens of times previously with no issues. Looking forward to the fix as I have a client deadline this afternoon. Thanks

Hello I have the same issue on .com domain (invalid domain error)

Hi folks, apologies for the trouble, our teams are investigating!

As a workaround, could you please try adding the domain to Netlify DNS using the following steps and let us know if it helps, or not?

1. Go to Domains page https://app.netlify.com/teams/{{insert-team-slug}}/dns (you can find your team slug in the Team overview page URL)
  2. Click on “Add or register domain” button
  3. Input domain and click “Verify”

Also, it is possible to configure a domain and not delegate DNS to Netlify if you’d like to try that as a workaround. Please refer to this forums article for details: [Support Guide] Can I host my site on Netlify but keep my DNS at my domain registrar?

1 Like

I think its fixed now guys

Any idea what it was
do you guys will write a blog regarding this

We’ve released a fix for this and also outlined a guide on how to fix this in case you’re still seeing errors (or for your future reference): [Support Guide] Workaround for 'invalid domain name' and other DNS errors 14-15 Oct