We are pleased to announce the Beta release of our new Build Image v4.0.0 based on Ubuntu 20.04 Focal Fossa . To opt-in, navigate to the Build & deploy section in the Netlify app, edit the Build image selection settings, and choose
Ubuntu Focal 20.04 (beta) . Along with the operating system update, the new image comes with a few deprecations and upgrades, most notably:
- deprecating all PHP versions older than 7.4 that have reached End-of-Life
- upgrading the default Ruby version to 2.7.2
- upgrading the default Yarn version to 1.22.10
- upgrading the default Hugo version to 0.82.0
- upgrading Pandoc to 2.13
- upgrading Wkhtmltopdf to 0.12.6-1
For a complete list of changes, please visit our CHANGELOG.
Xenial will continue to be our default image for the time being, and will also continue to be available for manual tests under 3.x version releases in the build image repository.
We are looking forward to your feedback!