Netlify Form is not working - nothing happens after I submit

Hi, once I deploy from Github my form submission does not work. Nothing happens after hitting submit button and I have checked the code looks alright

Here’s the code for the form

<input

type="text"

name="name"

placeholder="Full Name"

class="form-control"

/>

<input

type="text"

name="email"

placeholder="Email Address"

class="form-control"

id="email"

/>

<textarea

name="message"

rows="5"

placeholder="Message..."

type="submit"

value="submit"

class="form-control"

id="message"

></textarea>

<input

name="myfile"

rows="5"

placeholder="Upload file"

type="file"                    

class="form-control"

id="myfile"

>

<div class="field">

<div data-netlify-recaptcha="true"></div>

</div>

<div class="send-btn">

<button                      

role="button"

class="btn btn-lg btn-general btn-white"                      

name='submit'

type='submit'

>SEND</button

>

</div>

</form>

Hiya, sorry you are having trouble getting your forms to work.

You didn’t include the opening <form> tag in your code example, it is possible the error exists there.

This Support Guide is the first port of call to debug any forms issues. There are also many other Support Guides for forms - you can find them here: #Netlify-support:support-guides

We also recommend trying to search the forums or look at topics tagged Netlify forms if you haven’t already - it’s likely your question was already asked by someone else!

If you are still having problems, please provide more information such as what you have already tried, and a link to your live form. :slight_smile:

Hi Perry, thanks for responding. I had copied all the form code, not sure why it cut out the tag.

Anyway, the markup was correct, and the form only works now after I did away with the Javascript validation I was using.

However I have a new problem now. I want the data collected from the form sent directly to my email address. So far it only goes to my Netlify backend, while the email alert I activated only alerts that I have a form submission but does not display the message. The site is for a client and I need to enable them to receive feedback from their clients straight in their Gmail inbox.

Would you have any advice for me?

Sure! What we provide as far as notifications is not customizable, so you’ll want to send the form notification to a service like zapier.com (we have this support built in to our product at all price levels), which can handle customizing and resending the message.