Netlify DNS won't propagate

Hi,
I’m having a baffling DNS issue that I’m hoping you good, talented people can help with.

My domain, summitroofers.com (Netlify site summitroofers.netlify.app) won’t propagate its DNS to the rest of the world.

Here’s the convoluted story:
The site’s DNS was originally hosted at Cloudflare. I moved it to GoDaddy last week and the name servers and records refused to propagate (I’m using whatsmydns to check). After five days of unhelpful support chats I gave up on GoDaddy and moved my nameservers and DNS zone to Netlify last night.

And the nameservers still aren’t propagating.

It’s been about 12 hours, but I’ve never had DNS take this long before. I wanted to believe my original problem was just GoDaddy being weird, but now I’m extra concerned since it doesn’t work on Netlify DNS either.

Do you have any insight into what might be going on here?

Thank you!

@MWDelaney Welcome to the Netlify community.

You may have other issues with your DNS as well, but start by turning off DNSSEC.

1 Like

I’m immediately seeing better results on dnschecker. Thank you @gregraven.

Why GoDaddy couldn’t help with this is a question for this afternoon.

@gregraven You’re a life saver. A colleague and I spent hours on chats with GoDaddy and none of them mentioned DNSSEC. I didn’t even think to look at it. I’ll know better next time.

I really appreciate the help. Solved in half an hour what GoDaddy couldn’t do in 5 days.

1 Like