Netlify cannot deploy site after connecting to git repo - "Invalid url given"

hi,

When I’m trying to deploy a new site on Netlify from Gitlab or Github, the repository link doesn’t get created.

I have deployed many sites before on the same account with no issue. But now, when I select a GitLab repo and click Deploy, Netlify shows an error "Invalid url given"

Any help?

• we need to know your netlify site name.
    elastic-bhabha-0910ae

• DNS issues? Tell us the custom domain, tell us the error message! We can’t help if we don’t know your domain.
    No, custom domain yet

• Build problems? Link or paste the FULL build log & build settings screenshot

Hi, @focuspocus. I see you have open support ticket for this and we have been troubleshooting the issue there.

We will also to our best to follow-up here to post the solution when we find it in the ticket.

Alright, I figured out what was causing the issue finally with Netlify’s support :sparkling_heart: Thanks Luke & Jen.

I have BitDefender installed on my laptop whose Protection Shield was preventing netlify from saving certain files? on the machine when uploading. This must be a new update to their engine because it never happened before. After disabling Protection Shield from BitDefender settings, I don’t see this issue anymore.

Using my existing login credentials, I wasn’t seeing this error on other laptops and desktops, but I was seeing it on all browsers on my machine. That was when we determined the issue must have something to do with the other hardware or software installed on the laptop. Oh god, this took almost a week to fix :hot_face:

1 Like

Hey there, @focuspocus

Thank you so much for coming back and updating this thread! I am so glad Jen and Luke were able to assist you, and that everything is up and working now. Additionally, this update will benefit future Forums members who encounter something similar.