Need to transfer site to another free account

Hi, I want to transfer a site to my client who is also on a free account. I don’t want to upgrade my account since I don’t need to, but my client will upgrade his account when he receives the site.

I read I need an admin to help me with this? The site is:
https://goofy-jang-9e020a.netlify.app/

1 Like

hi there, did you see this guide already? If this is applicable to you, you can complete this process easily yourself!

if not, please visit Support, and choose dns/site transfer from the dropdown menu on the right, and we will assist you.

I think the confusion here might be that she (and a lot of others) would like to know how to transfer to another account, not a different team? Very confusing stuff here. Don’t get it myself either

Team and account is interchangeable. Take a look at this documentation: Team-owned sites | Netlify Docs

Great! I read the link. So, here is my situation: I would like to transfer a website to my brother’s own account. However, when transferring, I only get the option to create another team and cannot select his team because I am not a collaborator. Adding myself as a collaborator via his account would require him to upgrade to a pro version, which he doesn’t want. How can I transfer the website to another free account?
At the bottom of the links it says:

To transfer sites between teams with no shared Owners or Collaborators, please contact support.

Do I really need to contact support for this? Why is this?

Additional questions:

1. I like to keep his project on my own github account because it makes no sense for him to have his own account. Is this a problem?
  2. I use an A-Record to point to Netlify servers. When the site is transfered does it still resolve to the correct url?

Also first I would like to test it with a starter template before transfering his official to see if all works as expected.

Hi @Timothy

The support team can handle this for you. In order to do so, we’ll need to ask for some personally identifying information so I have moved your request to the help desk for privacy reasons. Please stand by for a response.

1 Like