Large Media Feature - Stuck on "Pending Upload"

Hi,

I am attempting to use the Large Media feature on Netlify. I believe I set everything up properly – I see the large media file on GitHub and it works locally.

I also see the file in the Large Media tab on the Netlify dashboard, however it is stuck on “Pending Upload”.

Is there something on Netlify’s end?

1 Like

Hi,

You should only have the lfs pointer in github, not the actual file. I recommend that you first go through the debugging help in [Support Guide] Troubleshooting your Netlify Large Media Configuration - #54 by louh . If you still have trouble after that, let us know!

Is this not a LFS pointer? :open_mouth: It says “Stored with Git LFS” on GitHub.

Screen Shot 2019-12-18 at 10.47.29 AM

Yup, it looks like it is. Did you run through that thread on troubleshooting problems with large media?

Yes, I did. No luck with anything there. Is this not something on Netlify’s side?

What’s the Netlify site that you have this repo linked to?

I can’t share that publicity right now. Is there anyway to send this privately?

After a user account reaches “Trust Level 1”, all forum users can send private messages (PMs).

This can be done by clicking on the link for any other user’s name and then clicking the “Message” button in the pop-up.

(Note, I have checked your account @jevinsidhu and I can confirm you will be able to PM. Please feel free to send the PM directly to me as I specialize with supporting the Netlify Large Media add-on.)

Hey Luke I’m in a similar boat but I don’t believe I have PM qualifications, can you lend me a hand?

Please and thank you in advance

hey there, @JonCat :wave:

I have just upgraded your private message capabilities so that you can message folks directly. Please keep in mind that we do not provide debugging support via PM. Once your PM your site to a Netlify staff member, we will continue responding in this thread to your questions.

Because of this, please outline exactly what obstacle you are encountering as well as any trouble shooting steps you have taken to remediate it.

Thanks!

Hey @hillary thanks for getting back to me, sorry if I wasn’t clear but my issue was the same as the one above, I had a large file pushed to git but “pending upload” on the large files tab of my site.

However due to the Netlify updates regarding organization repos I am now trying to deploy my built site via cli, is it possible to deploy a locally built site with large files (1 large file) via cli? Or does that functionality not exist? The Large Media docs seem to all be based around continuous deployment via github directly.

To be more specific because I’m only assuming my issue is large file related, when I run netlify deploy --prod my terminal throws a JSONHTTPError

In the hopes of saving time, if I AM required to use the continuous deploy feature (kind of annoying with the new premium stipulations), how might I fix my original problem of the “Pending Upload”?

Thanks in advance for your time

site id: 51add205-3abf-48df-a3d3-611675b358d1

UPDATE: I was able to fix the “pending upload” on a continuous deploy set-up, however my site still fails to load the resource?

UPDATE 2: It seems it just took a while to register the upload, all is working now