Home
Support Forums

Is there a list of where Netlify's CDN pops are located?

We’re seeing some issues with sites in the MENA region and am curious to know where the POPs are for regular clients and enterprise.

thanks!

1 Like

We don’t publish an authoritative list since things can change frequently, and it would fall out of date quickly, but as of today I think the list is (updated Apr 2021):

Regular CDN:

• Central Europe (Frankfurt, Germany)
  • South America (Sao Paulo, Brazil)
  • Eastern US (New York, USA)
  • Western US (San Francisco, USA)
  • Asia (Singapore, Republic of Singapore)
  • Russia (Moscow, Russia)
  • Australia (Sydney, Australia)

High-Performance CDN:

• Middle East (Muharraq Island, Kingdom of Bahrain)
  • Asia (Mumbai, India)
  • Eastern US (Ohio, USA)
  • South Africa (Cape Town, South Africa)
  • Central US (Iowa, USA)
  • Europe (Dublin, Ireland)
  • Europe (Frankfurt, Germany)
  • South America (Sao Paulo, Frazil)
  • Asia (Incheon, South Korea)
  • Eastern US (New York, USA)
  • Europe (London, United Kingdom)
  • Asia (Tokyo, Japan)
  • Western US (Portland, USA)
  • Europe (Hamina, Finland)
  • Western US (San Francisco, USA)
  • Asia (Singapore, Republic of Singapore)
  • Asia (Moscow, Russia)
  • Oceania (Sydney, Australia)
  • Eastern Canada (Montreal, Canada)
1 Like

Thanks, that’s helpful!

Hi,
@fool is there any update regarding the list of PoPs?
Because I can read on the enterprise offering that there is 27 edge locations (https://www.netlify.com/enterprise/#explore-netlify-offerings), but there is only 12 listed here.

hiya, yes, that list is a little outdated. I’ll try and see if we can get some fresher info for you.

1 Like

Current up to date listing (24 Aug 2020):

Regular CDN (you almost certainly use this one): Frankfurt, Singapore, San Francisco, New York, Sao Paolo, Sydney, Moscow
High Performance (available to our Enterprise customers): same locations but additionally: Mumbai, Columbus, Des Moines, Tokyo, Dublin, London, Dubai, Toronto, Busan, Johannesburg, Chennai, Finland

In some locations (SFO, NY for instance this is definitely and always the case) we may have several different data centers.

1 Like

Is it possible to specify a particular CDN for my site. I serve primarily SE Asia, so I would prefer the Singapore CDN. Currently when I test my Netlify site’s speed, it performs significantly better in the USA than in Singapore.

Thanks for the list. Really it was necessary to know which high-performance CDN. I have noticed more than once that the site loading speed is increasing.

Hi @Matt1 ! The only specification of CDN is by whether you purchase the High-Performance ADN product (usually only sold bundled with Enterprise accounts). All of our CDN’s are by default globally distributed; our system picks the closest location based on the client (browser/visitor)'s DNS lookups, to serve from the network-nearest node. Our Asian datacenter on the non-Enterprise CDN is indeed in Singapore, so you get what you want by default :slight_smile:

If you’re worried about things being served from elsewhere to your Singapore-area visitors, please share the DNS name you use and we’ll be happy to verify your configuration is activating the CDN correctly (that is, you follow the advice in this post: How to Set Up Netlify DNS - Custom Domains, CNAME, & Records).

I use the Netlify DNS

Hi @Matt1,

As @fool asked, if you could share the URL, it can help us check for performance issue. If you’re using Server Side Rendering, do note that those requests are always executed from US by default and we can change the region for Pro and above customers.

Sorry, here’s the URL….

I built the site using Gatsby JS which I believe used SSR.

At least from the redirects of the website, I can see that all the /api/* are being redirected to .netlify/functions/gatsby/. I don’t think this is using SSR.

Are there any specific pages that you’re having problems with or is it like the whole website?

I’d thought that Gatsby uses SSR by default for all pages.

It says:

Server-side rendering (SSR) at build time

with build time being the key word. From what I know, Gatsby still relies primarily on static HTML pages.

Okay thanks. I think what I’ll do is test the site some more from various locations and see if these differences in performance are truly significant. Thanks for your help!