I want to set up Microsoft 365: My website is hosted on Netlify, but my domain is on Namecheap

Hello,

I’m looking to establish Microsoft 365 services for my website. Here’s my current setup: My website is hosted on Netlify (on the free plan), and my domain name is registered with NameCheap.

During a conversation with NameCheap’s customer service, I learned that since my domain uses third-party DNS nameservers, I should configure the Microsoft 365 service on the Netlify side.

Could you please provide guidance on how to proceed with this setup? Thank you!

Hi, @arilomo. Our support team can assist you with creating the DNS records but we cannot tell you what DNS records to create. You need to provide us with that information, not the other way around.

There are two options. Either:

• Stop using Netlify DNS and switch to external DNS. Then you will be using the DNS service of your registrar and they can assist with creating the DNS records.

or:

• Continue using Netlify DNS and create the required DNS records here. However, with this workflow you need to know the records that need to be created.

Which option to use is up to you. If you have questions about either one, please let us know.

1 Like

Thank you @luke this is helpful…