How to point my domain I bought on netlify to heroku hosting?

• we need to know your netlify site name:

bimmae.netlify.app

• DNS issues? Tell us the custom domain, tell us the error message! We can’t help if we don’t know your domain:

If I understand your question, you must connect with your registrar dashboard and change your DNS servers from Netlify back to the default DNS for your registrar, and then make the necessary DNS entries at your registrar to point your visitors to your Heroku hosting. Don’t forget to make any other necessary DNS changes such as mail, FTP, etc. You might want to make a copy of the DNS entries you have on your Netlify dashboard before making these changes to remind yourself what needs doing.

what do you mean “Verisign dashboard”, where i can find it? where i should manage my dns settings for that?
in netlify dns settings page i get this message:

• This is a system record that cannot be managed directly.

@bimmae I should have mentioned that you cannot use Netlify DNS with sites that are not hosted on Netlify. Therefore, you need to log into the dashboard of your domain name registrar – where you bought that domain name – and make changes there.

Once you are logged in with your registrar, you should see that instead of using the default / built-in DNS offered by your registrar, you have set up custom DNS through Netlify. The four Netlify DNS entries should appear there. This is where you need to make changes to switch away from Netlify so that you can point your domain to whatever other server you wish … in your case, Heroku hosting.

Now that I look again at your domain name details, it appears that you purchased this domain through Name.com, not Verisign? Is that correct? I never have dealt with them, but they must have a way of logging in so you can make changes there.

I bought the domain on netlify… and i cannot change anything now :worried:

Netlify doesn’t sell domain names, but they do work with Name.com, which does sell domain names. If there is no way for you to gain access to a Name.com dashboard, Netlify support will have to step in.

Thank you very much!!
I found this article - i hope it will help me and others

1 Like