How do you remove a plugin from a deploy?

Previously, I had a site utilizing Gatsby and made use of @netlify/plugin-gatsby. This was defined in netlify.toml. Since then, I’ve refactored the site and no longer am building this on Gatsby. As a result, I’ve removed the plugin from the toml file, however, I’m still seeing this as a build step in the deploy logs.

Is there a way to remove this plugin from the build?

@alexisabril You may already have read it, but the associated documentation is here:

It indicates that you should just be able to remove it from the netlify.toml (like you have), but it looks like you could also try checking the Integrations > Enabled page in the UI, or doing an npm uninstall for the package.

Thank you for the response! Unfortunately, you are correct in your assumptions.

This plugin does not exist in the netlify.toml file, package.json, or package-lock.json. It also does not show in the enabled section of the Integrations UI. Additional note, I don’t see it in the Integrations UI in any form.

# netlify.toml
# Production context
[context.production.environment]
  IS_PRODUCTION = "true"

[build]
  publish = "dist"
  command = "npm run build"
{
  "name": "sample",
  "version": "0.0.1",
  "private": true,
  "scripts": {
    "dev": "astro dev",
    "start": "astro dev",
    "build": "astro build",
    "preview": "astro preview",
    "astro": "astro"
  },
  "dependencies": {
    "@astrojs/image": "^0.12.1",
    "astro": "^1.7.2",
    "astro-imagetools": "^0.6.17",
    "sass": "^1.57.1",
    "sharp": "^0.31.3"
  }
}

@alexisabril I’ve never used a plugin before myself, but going by the documentation you seem to have done everything right.

Hopefully Netlify’s support are able to provide some more detail or assist.

Hey @alexisabril , we’d be happy to investigate a bit further. Can you send your site ID for the site where you’re seeing this? You can find the site ID by going to the “Site Settings” in your account in the Netlify UI.

Once we have that information we can work from there!

Sure thing, the site id in question is ba3ba600-d5f7-4108-8d57-5f25f35bd0c2

Thanks! This is the page on which you can remove those things for now: Netlify App

1 Like

I have a similar problem: During my deploy process, I am always informed that the @netlify/plugin-emails plugin should be updated, even though I no longer use it at all. I can’t find it on the page with all the plugins, so I can’t uninstall it there either. My site ID is 1d998cb8-c1db-4c80-94b4-fac84ae43638.

Outdated plugins
11:06:30 AM: - @netlify/plugin-emails@0.0.28: latest version is 1.0.3
11:06:30 AM: To upgrade this plugin, please uninstall and re-install it from the Netlify plugins directory

Thanks a lot!

You should be able to remove it from: Integrations | sg-ic | Netlify