Forms not working, Believe I follow every step

I believe to have followed all the guidelines, but my form is still not working.

Am I doing something wrong?

<form name="feedback-homepage" method="POST" netlify>
      <input type="hidden" name="country" value="{{country}}">
      <textarea type="inputarea" name="feedback" placeholder="Your feedback here!"></textarea>
      <br>
      <button type="submit" style="margin: 1rem;padding: 0.5rem;">Submit your feedback!</button>
    </form>

However, it render this:

<input type="hidden" name="country" value="">
      <textarea type="inputarea" name="feedback" placeholder="Your feedback here!"></textarea>
      <br>
      <button type="submit" style="margin: 1rem;padding: 0.5rem;">Submit your feedback!</button>
    </form>

So the netlify attribute is still there, meaning that it was not processed correctly.
Moreover, I don’t receive anything if I submit this form.

Am I doing something very foolish?

Yes, I believe to check all the points here: [Support Guide] Form problems, form debugging, 404 when submitting

The website is: esim-world.netlify.com

Up!

I followed all the steps mentioned in the debug.

• You need to have a netlify or data-netlify=true attribute in your HTML <form …> definition. Note that once the form is processed during deploy, the resulting HTML that we serve will NOT have that parameter in it anymore!

DONE :white_check_mark:

• You need to include a name attribute on the opening <form> tag. When the page is deployed we will add a hidden input with a form-name attribute that’s the same as the name you set for the form. This is used in our API to determine which form is receiving the input. This automation is handled automatically as long as the HTML form includes a name .

The name in the opening <form> tag needs to be unique on your site. You can reuse it on other sites!

• Every input in the form must have a “name” attribute . Something like <input name="email" ...> or <textarea name="message" ...> is what you need. The name is sent along with the value in the submission and our API will only record data from form submissions with names matching the definition as parsed at deploy time.

The name in each of your <input> tags needs to be unique within that form - can’t have two name=contact fields in the same form!

• Make sure that you POST your form request (not GET) with a Content-Type of application/x-www-form-urlencoded in most cases. However, if and only if you are submitting the form with a file upload then the Content-Type needs to be multipart/form-data instead.

Not sure about this, but it is a standard form and it should just be ok.

We use Akismet on all form submissions . If you see the form in the app.netlify.com UI, but you don’t see any of your test submissions, double check that you aren’t sending junk info in your test submissions or submitting over and over again from the same IP address (which looks spammy).

The form is simply not processed in the post build phase I believe, it just serve my standard HTML unmodified.

Up again!

I also tried to change the submit <button> into <input type="button"...> but with no success.

Is there anything else to check?

@siscia, everything appears appear correct when I check the form. I agree it is being missing is post processing at Netlify but I don’t understand why not (yet).

Would you please test the following change?

Change this line in the form:

To this:

<form name="feedback-homepage" method="POST" data-netlify="true">

If that doesn’t work, please let us know.

It doesn’t work neither!

I tried that as well.

I tried already with:

<form name="feedback-homepage" method="POST" data-netlify="true">
    <form name="feedback-homepage" method="POST" netlify data-netlify="true">

Hello @siscia, I checked your html file and it seems to be missing the doctype element: <!DOCTYPE html> . Can you add that to the top of your html file and see if that helps?

Thank!

I just added. But I don’t believe it helped :frowning:

The only thing that comes to my mind is that maybe, I have some form in the whole website with some name clash, but those are generated automatically and should not be there.

@Dennis @luke

@siscia I got hung up getting my forms to work also. Try adding "enctype=“application/x-www-form-urlencoded” to your form tag. That’s what got it working on my end. Prior to that, I could submit a form, but all the data would be blank. It’s a slightly different issue that what you are experiencing, but you might have two issues going on at the same time.

@siscia Did you get a chance to try @eric’s suggestion?