Finding out which site is using up bandwidth

Hi Netlify team,

Is there a way for us to determine which site is using up the bandwidth? We’ve used up our allowance for the month, and with several sites on the account, I’d like to know if we can see this directly on Netlify.

Thanks,
Brandon

1 Like

Hi there, did you see this thread already?

Another thing you might consider is adding Analytics to your site in order to have a much more granular breakdown.

Thanks Perry. I did see it. However since I have multiple sites on the account, I’d like to know which one is using up the most bandwidth. The aggregate bandwidth info doesn’t show stats on individual sites. Without knowing which one is using up bandwidth, I wouldn’t know which one I should consider adding Analytics to.

hi there, totally understand your point. can you tell us your netlify site names? I will ask and see if we can check this for you.

Hi @perry,

I actually am also interested in this exact feature, and did look at some of the more current topics discussing this, but I did not find anything specifically mentioning Bandwidth usage on a site-by-site breakdown.

Is there any update on this topic, as to a solution from Netlify? Even something like a bandwidth usage breakdown when we are billed at the end of the month would be tremendous.

Thank you,

-Matt

1 Like

Indeed. I’m getting the notification that I’m at 75% of the monthly quota, yet client side analytics report a handful of hits per day on the handful of sites on the account. It would be good to see where Netlify sees this bandwidth usage, currently it’s not actionable*.

* Yes, I realize the desired action is to just upgrade and buy more bandwidth, but I’m not going to do that until I have an indication of what causes the usage to begin with.

1 Like

Hi @mattpezzente and @calmh

We do have an open feature request for a more detailed breakdown of bandwidth usage in our UI. I’ve cross-linked this topic to that feature request and we’ll update you here if/when this feature becomes available.

Hello,

is there is any way to know right now which caused the extra bandwidth usage for a specific web site while waiting for the feature to be shipped ?

Sure, let us know which site or account you’d like a report for. We can’t do this repeatedly, but happy to as a one time favor.

i have the same issue, i have about 10 sites on my account matthewmayer but don’t know which is eating up most of the bandwidth (just got a warning @ 50 GB), could you do a one-off check to see which site it is and email me?

In the past month (16th to now) 48.67GB is used by biblepromisesapp.com. Hope this helps!

Hello @Scott,

I am in the same situation. Multiple sites, suddenly reached limit.
I don’t understand the numbers, nor which site is eating the bandwidth or for which resource.

About the numbers on billing info:

What does “effective” mean? Is this my billing cycle or a new bandwidth rule in effect?
*Bandwidth* Effective from Jun 14

About which site
Some are for other people, some are mines, some are for open source projects.

I can’t enable analytics on 10 sites to know which one and which resource. (although I do have an idea).

A bit of context: I build applications for people and it is usually easier to quick start a project on my account. I’d like to transfer these sites to the project owners but I don’t find how. I could find a mention about teams, but we don’t need teams, I just need to transfer the project to someone else’s account, then they will be the ones paying for team / or more bandwidth. How can I do it?

hey @AoDev, if you can tell us the account name, we can do a one time lookup.

@perry My account is AoDev

@AoDev
Here you go!

Hi Laura,

I am having the same issue. I have a dozen sites, and am approaching quota after 2 days online. Can you provide me a breakdown of my sites that may let me know which one it is?
Username is koush

Hi koush, thanks for getting in touch.

We have sent you an email to the email address associated with your Netlify account, and we’ll communicate with you through that email to continue resolving this issue.

(Please note that for security reasons, we will not contact you at email addresses not listed in your Netlify account.)

Also, please let us know with a reply here if you don’t receive a message from us.

Hi Luke,

I am experiencing the same issues here. I have paid for two bandwidth upgrades already but I cannot figure out which (parts of the) sites are using so much bandwidth. I hope it is possible to get some more insights, my username is casperboone. Thank you!

Hi, @casperboone, we are reaching out to you via email about this.

(Please note that for security reasons, we will not contact you at email addresses not listed in your Netlify account.)

Also, please let us know with a reply here if you don’t receive a message from us.

Hi @luke!

Sorry for quoting you on a two months old thread. I was wondering if I could also get a report on my account? My username is Yosept, and my team is called FinalCraneo’s team.

I’m rapidly approaching 100G of bandwidth, but I don’t really know why and I have 30+ sites on my account.

I already shut down the site I think was getting out of hand, but I’d love to be sure.