File really stuck in Netlify CDN

Hi Nic,

I think we talked through this privately - while none of the below were likely Nic’s problem, for anyone who comes across a similar situation, here’s what you should do to troubleshoot/debug:

1. First, check to make sure you’ve actually built + deployed what you expect by downloading a copy of the deploy as demonstrated in this article: [Support Guide] I’ve deployed my site but I still see "Page not found” . This is our #1 cause of “stale content” is in the site BUILDING not serving, so you’d debug and solve that differently than stale content on the CDN.
  2. check your service worker configuration - they are often implicated in situations like this: International Service Worker Caching Awareness Day . If you see the right content in a fresh browser but then subsequent loads don’t show updates, this is likely the cause.
  3. check your Split Testing settings (Split Testing | Netlify Docs) as a forgotten split test may have some stale branch enabled that you are seeing…
  4. Once you’ve verified those, try a new deploy, as those clear our CDN’s cache of your site, during normal operation.
  5. Assuming you still see the bad content, send us the value of the X-NF-Request-ID HTTP response header FOR AN ASSET THAT IS NOT WHAT YOU EXPECT and send it to us. We can use that to analyze our internal logs.