Error when renewing certificate

I keep seeing this message when trying to renew my cert:

Acme::Client::Error: Order’s status (“valid”) is not acceptable for finalization
We can’t renew your Let’s Encrypt certificate automatically until the issue is resolved. Check our troubleshooting guide for more information on how to fix the problem, and then renew the certificate.

Hey @adamyonk, would you mind sharing your Netlify URL so we can take a look?

Sure! It’s pragmaticproofreading.com.

Hi, @adamyonk, I’m showing the SSL certificate for that domain/site is active and working. It was last updated on 2020-06-11.

It won’t be possible update this SSL certificate again unless one of the following is true:

• the list of domain names for the site changes
  • it is ten (10) days or less before the certificate will expire

In the meantime, the last error which occurred will show on the HTTPS settings for the site where the SSL certificate is provisioned. That doesn’t mean there is an error at the moment. That is just the last error if there has ever been one.

If you visit that page (Site Name > Settings > Domain management > HTTPS) two years from now with two years of all successful renewals, you will still see that error message. This is again the last error which occurred, even if there is currently no error. (Yes, this is confusing and there is an open feature request to change this.)

If there are other questions or if you don’t see the SSL working, please let us know.

Aha, OK that makes sense, thank you!

1 Like