DNS Zone issue - this domain already exists

“A DNS zone for this domain already exists under a different account” error creating DNS zone.

Please assist.

can you provide the netlify site name and the domain name you are trying to configure, please? We cannot help without.

trying to add this domain: webfountain.io

Hi, @rfuentes. We have sent you an email to the email address associated with your Netlify account, and we’ll communicate with you through that email to continue resolving this issue. (Please note that for security reasons, we will not contact you at email addresses not listed in your Netlify account.)

Also, please let us know with a reply here if you don’t receive a message from us.

Hi, @guy, I responded to that topic as well.

Note, we do not recommend cross posting about one issue to multiple topics. This is causes additional overhead for our support team and slows our response time.

1 Like

Hello Luke can you please check, I am also getting the same error.

Hi, @itswadesh, I’d be happy to check. What domain name is this happening for?

Its for arialshop.com

Hi, @itswadesh, I found the inactive zone and deleted it. You should be able to add it your site and/or account now.

If there are still errors when adding the domain, please let us know.

3 posts were split to a new topic: Delete NETLIFY type DNS records

Hello Luke,
Thanks for deleting misiki.in zone
Can you delete lrnr.in www.lrnr.in zone too

I am unable to detach it too. Says “You cannot remove primary custom domain while domain aliases are present”

Hi, @itswadesh. For the original domain inquired about, I could see that the domain was on an inactive account but that is not the case for lrnr.in.

If this Netlify DNS zone is under your account I’m guessing you are asking about the NETLIFY/NETLIFYv6 type DNS record. If so there is more about those here:

If this is the issue, I’ve unlocked the existing records for the domain you mentioned now so you can delete them.

However, if you actually want this domain removed from a different account, please follow this process here:

​Please let us know if there are any questions.