DNS zone for this domain already exists under old deleted Netlify account

Hello,

My name is Kaitlin and I had an old Netlify account under the email kkiddography@gmail.com where I added a custom domain for my site, kaitlinhuss.com. I have created a new Netlify account under a different email kaitlinhuss@gmail and I deleted my site, my custom domain and my user account under the old email.

I tried to create the same custom domain kaitlinhuss.com under the NEW Netlify account to my site quirky-stonebraker-270cfd and I’m getting an error: “A DNS zone for this domain already exists under a different account”. I would like to use the custom domain under my new Netlify account and remove the DNS zone in my old Netlify account.

Any help from support would be appreciated. Thank you!

“A DNS zone for this domain already exists under a different account” error creating DNS zone for “kaitlinhuss.com

Our UI warns you that deleting an account will NOT free up hostnames for immediate reuse, so this is expected though I understand in this case inconvenient behavior. More inconvenient is when we do immediately delete things permanently, which people decide they need recovered. So, this is the normal behavior of our system and why we warn you when you delete accounts.

I’ve removed the old copy of the zone so you should now be able to reuse the domain.