Did I set up my DNS correctly?

Did I set up my DNS correctly? This is my first time doing this. I don’t really know what I’m doing. I’m following these instructions.

https://answers.netlify.com/t/support-guide-dns-quick-start-how-to-set-up-dns/24773

I’m not sure if I’ve set everything correctly with Dreamhost. I have set up Dreamhost so they don’t do my hosting. I’m paying them only for my domain.

It’s been about an hour since I made the DNS changes at Dreamhost. I know they say to wait 48 hours but I think it’s quicker sometimes.

Here’s a screen shot of my Dreamhost DNS settings.

Netlify site name: zen-knuth-f2a02a.netlify.app
Custom domain: seanlaurence.com

Thank you.

Hi @onwithsean

Assuming you wish access your site via seanlaurence.com and www.seanlaurence.com, the configuration is not the same as the support guide you linked to.

Under Custom Records, you need to add an A record for the apex (seanlaurence.com) with a value of 75.2.60.5 and a CNAME record for the www subdomain (www.seanlaurence.com) with a value of zen-knuth-f2a02a.netlify.app.

If you haven’t already seen it, DreamHost does have a KB on adding DNS records

1 Like

Thank you, Coel. I’ll give that a shot. I want to access my site via seanlaurence.com and www.seanlaurence.com.

Thanks again for your help, Coel. I followed your advice and it worked. I believe I’m having a problem with the certificate now. I’m going to create a separate thread for that though.

On the custom domains page, press the Renew Certificate button under SSL/TLS and this should fix the issue.

That worked. You are 2 for 2. Thanks again for your help, Coel. :smiley:

1 Like