Custom reply-to, remove Netlify branding?

Hello,

I am looking at using Netlify in the very near future and need a simple contact form for my site - Netlify Forms looks great! …except I think I read in the Documentation that the emails it sends from the form have a fixed “reply-to” which isn’t the submitter’s email:

All form notification emails are sent from formresponses@netlify.com, and any replies to a notification will go to that address. If you would like to respond to a form submitter, you will need to enter their address manually.

Well this sounds awful.

Reading the forum, it also seems that the emails comes with “[Netlify]” written on them in several places. Again, this is awful.

Is this still the case? If so, it’s a complete dealbreaker sadly. Nobody wants such branding in the emails they send back to submitters, nor do they want to manually enter the email address.

I’m hoping somebody can advise, as I’m new here!

Thank you

Sorry to be the bearer of awful news but it’s true! [Netlify] is not removable from the reply-to subject line at this time (though that probably won’t be the case forever). We have an open feature request for this and I’ve added your voice to it. If that is a firm requirement, you may want to look into adding something like Formspree to your Netlify site.

Just wondering, has there been any update to this? Surely it would be an easy thing to add a toggle for in the settings, to receive form submissions that can be responded to by simply hitting “reply” instead of having to manually adjust the field, and without the branding

Hey @kbs

Email notifications from Netlify forms include the submitter email as the reply-to address (last time I checked, which was about half an hour ago.) Thus you can reply, and edit the subject line to remove [Netlify] from the beginning :slightly_smiling_face:

That’s awesome, thanks for the quick reply. Unfortunately it doesn’t look very professional to have the Netlify branding in the email when replying to people (I’m sure many of us will forget to delete it) so while I love Netlify Forms in theory, in practise I will have to keep using a 3rd party tool for this I think.

1 Like

Hey there, @kbs :wave:

Thanks for taking the time to reach out about this. I have sent your request to the Product team!

1 Like

Thank you for your response, that is much appreciated!

1 Like