Can't use deleted account's domain - “custom_domain is owned by the other account”

hi there, we have verified the record and freed up the domain. you can use it now!

1 Like

A post was merged into an existing topic: Need verification for plamen5kov.com

I have the same issue with techvysion.com. I removed the domain from previous account but it still showing the error " Custom_domain is owned by another account".

I have replied on the thread you created @amverma1204t Custom_domain is owned by another account while i removed the domain from other account - #2 by coelmay

Hello! I am having the same issue as OP for “natback.com”. I deleted my account, forgetting I bought the DN here on Netlify, thinking I could freely move it to firebase. Can someone restore it for me?

hi there, did you create a verification record for us to check already?

Hi Support Team, I am facing an issue with my domain nite.cloud to my app unrivaled-haupia-7bb90c before it was used on my other account. I deleted the app and removed the domain there too. I am still facing the issue above.

hi there, could you create the verification record that is linked in this thread so we can verify ownership for you?

1 Like

Hi, thanks for the fast reply.
I’ve added the value “8447” with the name “verified-for-netlify”

Hey there, @aerksn :wave:

We have freed up this domain and you should now be able to use it. please let us know if you have any additional questions!

Hi Support Team,
We are having the same issue with our app, we had to do a transfer of app and delete the domain on the old app to add it to the new one but we are getting this error when adding the domain to the new one → "custom_domain is owned by the other account”.
Domain: artcuratorgrid.com
New app: acg-artcuratorgrid.netlify.app
Old app: brave-volhard-e5ba9a.netlify.app
Value for the verification of ownership: 96500

Could you please help?

Thank you!

Hey there, @Willy_artpool :wave:

Thanks so much for reaching out! We have freed up this domain and you should now be able to use it. Let us know if you have any additional questions.

1 Like

Thanks, it is working now!

Hi Support Team,

I am also having the same issue with my domain name that I purchased via Netlify: acemotorworx.com. I am getting this error when adding the domain to my new site → “custom_domain is owned by the other account”.
Domain: acemotorworx.com
New site: wondrous-mousse-9c15b6
Old site: prismatic-fox-6ea248

What other information can I provide for you?

Thanks!

Hi @jgcareyn,

I can see that the domain is connected to the correct site:

UPDATE, my bad: The domain exists in your account: Netlify App, but it’s not connected to the site you mention.

Is there anything I need to do to connect the domain to my site?

Hey @jgcareyn

Have you added the purchased domain as a custom domain to your site?

Yes, I purchased it as a custom domain. Since the domain exists in my account, are you not able to confirm this?

No, I cannot as I don’t work for Netlify—I am a community member.

So you have added your domain to the site and it looks like this:

I’m sorry Coel May for assuming you work for Netlify.

I was able to resolve my issue by removing the custom domain from my site and adding it back again.

Thanks for your help.

1 Like