Can't register domain

Hello, I need domain help. I can’t put my bought domain on my netlify site. Been trying all week and ended up buying it elsewhere and i’m still unable to link it to this site and i’m getting upset.

error: Unable to order domain with this domain name. Please contact support with the domain name for the assistance.

site: https://youpickirent.netlify.app/

domain: www.youpickirent.com
www.youpickirent.com

Hi @jaydevelopment101 :wave:t6:, Welcome to the community! :netliconfetti: I looked into your account and your DNS has not been configured with Netlify.

Can you check out this quickstart guide for DNS configuration and let me know if you still have issues following this?

hi there, i looked at the guide but it doesn’t really answer my Qs.

the problem is i ended up buying the domain elsewhere because netlify was’nt letting me here. The domain still pops up as “this domain is availiable!”, and when i try i get it at netlify i get
“Unable to order domain with this domain name. Please contact support with the domain name for the assistance.”

i can’t change dns because i can’t put a domain in at all to even redirect it

Hi @jaydevelopment101

Sorry you’re running into this issue! I know you wrote that you purchased that domain somewhere else but when I do a whois, and search for the domain to purchase on name.com, the domain is still available. I’m just saying that it doesn’t appear to have been purchased yet.

That being said, that doesn’t address your issue. It looks like you encountered a bug in our billing system that was preventing you from making purchases and it happened to manifest for you in the above behavior. I suspect you would have been unable to purchase any domain, not just the one in the above screenshot.

I believe I have fixed your account and you should be able to purchase domains now if you’d like. Could you please give it another try?

it worked! thank you so much

1 Like