Let’s see how we can incrementally add functionality to a Gatsby static site with Netlify Functions, and then add authentication with Netlify Identity to create a proper Gatsby app. We’ll gradually build up to a full working demo with:
- Dynamic Clientside Pages in Gatsby
- Serverless Functions (with Netlify Dev)
- ♂Hide API Secrets from being exposed to Frontend
- Authentication (with Netlify Identity)
- Protected Routes
- Authenticated Serverless Functions (why not!)
- External Provider login with GitHub, Bitbucket, Google, etc.