2FA (Two Factor Authentication) released for all Netlify accounts

If you follow Jane Manchun Wong you already know we have been working on implementing 2FA on Netlify, allowing you to keep your accounts even more secure. We officially released this update recently.

More information here:

It’s a great idea to flip the switch on your account for increased security. If you have any problems with 2FA, let us know my commenting below. :lock:

Hey there.

When I click on the links on the blog: Netlify App

The page loads, but there’s no 2FA box to configure. All I get is ‘Secure your account’

hi there, that is very strange. Are you logged in when you click on that link? You should see something like this:

Are you using any extensions that might interfere with page display? would you do me a favour and check from an incognito window please?

I got it working. My network blocks app.launchdarkly.com. Removing this block fixed things. Thanks!

1 Like

great. I will pass this back to the team, as well, to make sure this is expected! Glad you got it working.

1 Like

yes, this behaviour is what we expect - we are keeping the feature flag in place for a while longer in case unexpected problems arise, so we can quickly restore previous functionality if need be. If anyone has any additional questions or concerns about this please let us know :slight_smile:

Is there a feature coming to enforce two-factor authentication across a team? Or at least see the 2FA status of others in a team?

Hey @jpsandiego and welcome to the community!

I don’t believe that this is on our radar (until now) but it’s been forwarded to our product team!

1 Like

BTW - GitHub Organizations have this ability and it’s pretty useful. As an Org Admin, I am only allowed to ‘enforce 2FA’ when all the existing members have it enabled on their own accounts. It’s nice that they let me see who does not yet have it setup and can work with those users to get them enabled before the enforcement takes effect.

1 Like