Hello all. I am having some issues. I will lay out everything in steps…
- Added a website and domain from Godaddy to MDD hosting. Had this website for a few months. I uploaded these files manually through cPanel.
- Made major changes to the site, found netlify, and decided to upload the new updated site to Github and then follow steps to set up DNS on GoDaddy.
- Was able to host my new site on netlify for about 12 hours with no issue after waiting for “propagation”. The site looked and functioned fine.
- Checked this morning and my site is now showing the design / files I had on MDD hosting cPanel ( not my code living on Github ).
- I contact MDD support and ask them to cancel my hosting using that domain, thinking that it would solve the issue and display my current design/code ( which are being pulled from my github repo).
- Step 5 only made the issue worse, and now I can not load my site at all and I am getting a “Your connection is not private” error, which is odd because I had set up SSL yesterday.
I am not sure why this is happening because I added the 4 DNS on godaddy and everything was working for over 12 hours, but then something happened. In fact, for a short time after MDD support ended my hosting service, the support agent said he was able to see my site fine, but then about 3 minutes later he was not able to see it.
I am not that new to coding, but I am somewhat new to hosting and I would just like to get some help and understand how to do this the right way so It doesn’t happen again.
Thanks in advance to all.