Using seperate mail service (Siteground)

Hello,

I want to use mail service, but I don’t know how. I tried to connect my domain using siteground. I can send mails but I cannot receive. How can I fix that?

@osman Welcome to the Netlify community.

First, check this out:

If you still have questions, we need to know your custom domain, and which service will be hosting your e-mail. The more information you share, the better we’ll be able to help you.

Thank you for your kind reply. I saw this guide but I am a newbie in this fields. I don’t know how to fill dns records. Maybe more detailed examples might help.
Also, still I am not sure if I can use SiteGround

Are you sure SiteGround gives you a dedicated e-mail service? From the looks of it, it seems more like a web host than e-mail service.

hmm, actually I am not sure. As I say I am a newbie. I am so sorry, I don’t want to waste any of your time.
In the SiteGround, I added my website and I found this article online, but it didn’t help.
https://my.siteground.com/support/kb/point-mail-service-siteground/

Which domain is this regarding?

are you asking for my project’s domain?

Great, so as I can see, you’ve already pointed the domain to Netlify. Now all you need to do is, go to your DNS panel in Netlify UI and go to Add records. There, you can select MX as the new record type and insert @ as the name. In the value filed, add mx10.mailspamprotection.com and priority as 10. Repeat the same for other two entries from that list.

Let me clarify, I’m not sure if SiteGround supports email service or no, the above explanation is just the how-to part of configuring according to the link you sent. However, if it doesn’t work, you are free to choose any other email service and the configuration is more or less the same.

1 Like

Thanks a lot man, you are a life saver. I am really appreciated.