Unlock root Domain

I have a domain associated with my Netlify account, and can’t manage or remove any A records associated with the root domain or root domain with www.

This, when we don’t have private support for free accounts, is a little disappointing.

Netlify shouldn’t lock auto generated DNS records.

Can I have some help unlocking or removing these?

You can reach out to me via DM.

We have more information about the NETLIFY and NETLIFYv6 type DNS records here:

Please read that support guide above for an in-depth explanation of how these records behave with our service. The three key points there are summarized as:

• These records are locked by default and can be unlocked by our support team.
  • These records only connect domain names to IP addresses.
  • These records do not control which site the domain name is linked to (if any).

I’ve unlocked these records for the two custom domains under your account (or what I believe is your account). If I was mistaken about the account, please feel free to post those custom domains here or to private message that information to one of our support team.

If there are questions about any of this, please let us know.

Hi Luke,

I appreciate this, as I need my root domain pointing off of the Netlify CDN.

A few comments:

• this was not clear at all in the product
  • the product does not effectively communicate that I should have came here for support
  • while I understand that at a million developers, it’s a challenge to offer free support for customers via email or live chat, but it should be easy to find this path from within the application, and it’s not. Due to this, it took me over a week to resolve this issue, and involved me reaching out to a staff member I knew to figure out what to do, so I think there is a lot of room for improvement here!

Thanks so much for all that feedback - we’ll review it closely next week and see if we can figure out a way to do better!