Home
Support Forums

Unlink a repository from a Netlfy site / switching back to drag and drop deploys

Hi all,

I linked my Gitlab repository to a netlify not knowing I need to use netlify’s built-in build tools to deploy. Will need to remove it as I use a separate build tool. I think I will need a netlify staff to remove it although I’m not sure. If not, any ideas how to unlink it?

Thanks!

1 Like

You will indeed need our staff’s help (unless you want to delete and recreate the site without linking). What’s the repo path (login/projectname) or netlify sitename?

Sitename is hugo-theme-chunky-poster. Thanks!

We just got that site unlinked from the repo for you! You should be all set.

@laura, @fool - I also need to unlink my sites: lnc-constellation-production, lnc-constellation-staging, lnc-status.

Is this something you can help with?

Hi @baer! Welcome to netlify community.

We just got those three sites unlinked from repos for you!

Hi, @TheYorkshireDev, welcome to our Netlify community site and the repo as been unlinked.

If there are other questions or more we can do to assist, please let us know.

Hi!

Sorry, I happen to have another one: blog-strict-panda

Thanks!

You should be all set now @all_thumbs :slight_smile:

I changed my deployment strategy to use the CLI, can I have ‘goexplorecreate’ unlinked from its current repository as well? Thanks

Done! Let us know if you need anything else.

Hi there,
I linked my github to my app aztodo, please could you unlink?
Thanks!

Hi, @LouO and welcome to the Netlify community site. It is no longer required to unlink the repo to stop builds from occurring. You can now self-serve this change without contacting our support team.

There are instructions here:

If there are other questions about this, please let us know.

hello, I would like my repo unlinked form my site please, there always seems to be a problem with auto deploy and im content with using manual deploy. This is the site loving-neumann-f18752

Hi, @Kamble, there is no site with that subdomain. Did you delete it?

Yeah, I deleted it. And started afresh. Thank you for the response though. I was in a bit of a hurry.

please i also need your help to unlink my site from git my site’s url is dexty.netlify.app

we took care of this, @dextygenius.

can you unlink trusting-leavitt-4020d3 please! Thanks!

Unlinked for ya @tolson :paperclips:!