The function "SSR-ENGINE" is larger than the 50MB limit. Please consider reducing it

Hey there,

I migrated from Gatsby Cloud this month and everything was going well until today, when we started to have this error:

10:32:10 AM: Failed to create function on AWS Lambda: invalid parameter for lambda creation: Unzipped size must be smaller than 262144000 bytes
10:32:17 AM: The function "SSR-ENGINE" is larger than the 50MB limit. Please consider reducing it.
10:32:20 AM: The function "SSR-ENGINE" is larger than the 50MB limit. Please consider reducing it.
10:32:22 AM: The function "SSR-ENGINE" is larger than the 50MB limit. Please consider reducing it.
10:32:25 AM: The function "SSR-ENGINE" is larger than the 50MB limit. Please consider reducing it.
10:32:00 AM: Deploy site                                                   
10:32:00 AM:

Hi @diego.valdez, welcome to our community! :tada:

I’ve replied to your helpdesk ticket. Let’s continue to work from there!

@diego.valdez , @audrey curious to hear about what the problem was. We’re experience the exact same issue after migrating from Gatsby Cloud to Netlify.

Well, my site is not using SSR at all so I had to go back to Gatsby@5.11 and use the NETLIFY_SKIP_SSR_FUNCTION=true environment variable.

If Netlify detects Gatsby@^5.12 then they install the Netlify Gatsby Adapter and there is no ability to skip that SSR function.

Oh! Good to know! I’ll give that a try! Thanks for the heads up!

Same problem. Need to migrate sites from Gatsby Cloud because it shuts down on October 31. But one site does not build on Netlify because of the error:

The function “__DSG” is larger than the 50MB limit. Please consider reducing it.

“defer” in gatsby-node.js is set to “false”.

We need at least a temporary solution to be able to go on.

Sadly, Netlify support says they will answer in 4 days. If that answer is not immediately a solution, then the site dies. :frowning:

@Vacilando I see we’ve responded to your ticket in our helpdesk. If you have any follow-up questions feel free to continue correspondence there!

I have the same issue. There is no insight into the SSR function or any way to start debugging its size.

This will eventually be fixed in a later release, but for now you can try downgrading to Gatsby 5.11 or lower

Do you know if this has been fixed?

Hey Diego,

Thanks for following up! Would you mind providing your site details so we can take a closer look? To be clear, if you’re using gatsby-adapter-netlify (gatsby version 5.12.0 or later) then that function should not be generated if you don’t have any SSR routes on your site. Looking forward to hearing from you!