SSL Provisioning is temporarily disabled because too many recent CertOrder creation with the site

I just created the netlify site nomeatas-redirects, and added a number of domain alias (16 domains). I fear that the UI did request a new certificate as soon as I added one of them, so now it exceeded the rate limiting and I get

SSL Provisioning is temporarily disabled because too many recent CertOrder creation with the site.

We can’t renew your Let’s Encrypt certificate automatically until the issue is resolved. Check our troubleshooting guide for more information on how to fix the problem, and then renew the certificate.

I believe all the involved DNS is in order. It says I should renew the certificate, but there is no button for that. Will such a button appear after a while automatically, or does this require support intervention?

Thanks

Ok, the button is there again, but it says “There are too many certificate creation with this site recently. Please try again later.”. I guess that’s what I’ll do.

Lets Encrypts rate limits are rather strict. You’d be rate-limited for a week, so I’d not recommend spamming the renew button.

I tried the button again after maybe an hour and it worked. Sorry for the noise!