Site has never had problem for years; yesterday though I get 'Failed during stage building site' an has an error Command failed with exit code 255: hugo

Hello-- My site name is: francish.netlify.app

I’ve maintained the site for four years with no issues. Yesterday, when I added two extra pages of content, I now get a netlify website error where it fails to deploy. The errors however are coming from pages I did not even touch so I do not know what is going on. The hugo version I am using is 0.40.3.

The error will say:
11:10:37 PM: Failed during stage ‘building site’: Build script returned non-zero exit code: 2 (Search results for '"non-zero exit code: 2"' - Netlify Support Forums)

In addition, at the near the end of the log, it will say:

11:10:35 PM: “build.command” failed
11:10:35 PM: ────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────
11:10:35 PM: ​
11:10:35 PM: Error message
11:10:35 PM: Command failed with exit code 255: hugo (Search results for '"non-zero exit code: 255"' - Netlify Support Forums)
11:10:35 PM: ​
11:10:35 PM: Error location
11:10:35 PM: In build.command from netlify.toml:
11:10:35 PM: hugo

It will also say:

11:10:36 PM: Build failed due to a user error: Build script returned non-zero exit code: 2

11:10:36 PM: Failing build: Failed to build site

I do not get what is going on and have searched for clues to no avail. I have even deleted the two new pages that I added. The site builds properly locally and the hugo versions match.

Suggestions are welcome! Thanks.

Based on your deploys, it appears you’ve managed to fix the issue. Do you still need help?