Responsive mobile view for netlify-cms

Hello am new to netlify and netlify-cms, I just want to find out how I would be able to configure the netlify-cms be a little responsive for mobile divices? Thanks

Hi @delanyobott and welcome :smiley: See here regarding a workaround for mobile devices:

and here for ongoing community effort to improve the UX Improve The Overall UX · Issue #2557 · netlify/netlify-cms · GitHub

1 Like

Hi @erez thanks very much. Checking

Hi @erez, thanks you for the solution. I found a hack which solved the issue for through the link you gave me. But I see that since then it creates another issue, the post body field ( markdown widget) is not responding to inputs on the mobile view. When you input texts it receives the texts but it does not recognize it, the when want to save it, the cms gave error message that “post body requierd”, please what can I do to overcome that?

1 Like

Hi @delanyobott, see Make the CMS work for mobile (responsive UI) · Issue #441 · netlify/netlify-cms · GitHub and Make the CMS work for mobile (responsive UI) · Issue #441 · netlify/netlify-cms · GitHub.
That will require updating one of our dependencies (slate), which will require some fair amount of work.

Thanks very much @erez

1 Like

Hello, @erez, thanks for the link. I read through the thread and the discussion. But me as a newbie is there any hack I can do now to make my cms funtional? Because the issues they are discussing, I think it is above me. Thanks

Hi @delanyobott, sorry to say there is no work around at the moment for the markdown widget in mobile.

1 Like

Hi @erez, thanks very much for your well appreciated supports. I’ve read that there are plan for a fully mobile support of the cms, so please will you be able to know on which version such upgrade will be on? And currently am using version 2 of the cms ( something like this @^2) please do you suppose it’s good for me to upgrade to a different upward version? And which one can recommend for me?

Hi @delanyobott mobile support will probably be a part of v3 with the UX improvements I linked to.
Can’t really commit on when it will be released as we still have some stuff to finish for v2 like https://github.com/netlify/netlify-cms/issues/716

1 Like

OK, I’ll be anticipating for the v3. Anyway thanks very much @erez

1 Like