Request to update the default Emacs version from 26.3 to 28.1

How does it benefit you & others?

Emacs 28.1 is many years newer than Emacs 26.3 with a lot of new features and security fixes.

Most importantly, it comes with a much newer Org mode version that’s used by many to deploy websites.

Many use it to export Org files directly to HTML, whereas I use it to export to Markdown and then use Hugo to convert those to HTML.

Hey @kaushalmodi,

That feature request is better suited here:

where the developers can directly see it.

Hi Hrishikesh,

I have now opened an issue at Update the default Emacs version to 28.1 · Issue #782 · netlify/build-image · GitHub.

Thanks!

1 Like

Hi!,

Given that the repository has been archived (and we’re sent here now for these requests) I think the original request now becomes valid here. I can make a new feature request if needed, of course (but didn’t want to create a new unnecessary post).

Feel free to create a new request, @paradoja. The code for that has been pushed inside this repo: GitHub - netlify/build: Netlify Build runs the build command, Build Plugins and bundles Netlify Functions., you can open a request there.

There’s nothing Support can do about it. :slightly_frowning_face:

I’m confused on where to put the request (sorry for the late response, btw).

That linked repository doesn’t seem to have information on the versions of the packages installed and just seems to set the base building environment. I understand you may not solve this directly, but can you confirm where the request should go @hrishikesh ?

Select the issues tab- and create a new issue. You can follow the prompts from there. (;