Receiving intermittent 400 errors

hey there @gsjen123,

this is still actively being worked on - sorry for the silence over the holidays etc but we still have people on the case.

do you have any more API or request IDs to share with us where this is occurring?

hi there, just a quick note to let you know we are still working on this and are making some progress.

i’ll try and keep you posted as work goes along. We are hoping to fix this soon!

@perry that’s great news, thanks!

I’ve only been able to capture one more request ID - 01FSWHKDGDMK4Q688V7N6TFYS2.

thanks for that, i will pass it along!

the reason why this is taking some time to fix is that we want to fix it permanently. There are some complicated underlying mechanics that are causing this issue. In order to roll out a fix, we have to make some changes that affect a lot of moving parts of our service, and there is a variety of individuals and teams involved.

Having intermittent 400’s is not the experience we want you to have, even if it is only affecting a subset of our customers (which you unfortunately belong to :frowning: ) and we will get this fixed - it’s just that causing production downtime for a large group of our customers is not an acceptable way to approach this problem, so, we are moving forward carefully and with intention to get this right.

once again, thanks for everyone’s patience. We’ll try and give some periodic updates, but even if you don’t hear from us for a minute, we are working on this and this is not being forgotten.

1 Like

@perry could you tell us what about our accounts places us in the impacted subset? That still hasn’t been revealed from anyone at Netlify. Thanks for the update!

Hi folks! Following up here.

Our team has been working on this for months and, unfortunately, our last attempted fix did not have a substantial effect on the problem. We have another promising attempt that is in testing now. It will need further, extensive testing before it can be deployed everywhere, but it is in the works!

Thanks for your patience here. We will update this thread when we have next steps!

Here is one more request id: 01FVBE7XK5MDHR8X0A66ZWJG81. Happened today.
Hoping for a fix. :pray:

1 Like

Thanks so much for sharing.

I want to assure everyone that we have not given up working on this. We are in the testing phase of a new solution and hope to have updates for folks soon. A member of the Netlify team will follow up on this thread when we have next steps.

Thanks again for your patience here.

1 Like

Just wanted to say that the attention I’ve received from Chris and the rest of the team has been great. Thanks for keeping this issue alive and being communicative about it.

2 Likes

Hi there - if more request IDs help, mine is 01FXGYYKZ4B38P8PMK1CWGY57A. I get 400s on this site (bookish-drupal) usually after a deploy or a period of inactivity.

1 Like

We are also experiencing intermittent 400 errors, and its affecting more and more users.

I don’t have a request ID to share at the moment, but we did noticed that 99% of the errors are coming from US users, even though the majority of our users are from Australia. This is the only pattern we were able to identify so far.

We also have a static website and most of the 400 errors happen with JS and CSS files.

Do we have any updates on the fix?

hi all,

we are still actively working on this! i know it is frustrating and maybe hard to believe we haven’t been able to lock down a sure-fire way to banish the evil spirit that is this bug back into the gates of hell forever, but i swear we are still working on it, and i will literally start crying tears of joy right along with you when we can announce it is fixed.

hopefully soon. im sorry it is taking so long.

hi again all - @mortenson , @jameschristopher , @miguelcobain , @jared , @gsjen123 and everyone else:

finally we have an update for you. We have rolled out a fix for this which seems to be very promising. We are seeing a reduction in this error pattern in upwards of 80% of cases that match what you are describing.

So, admittedly not as good as we want it to be (more work is outstanding to fix things for good) but a big enough improvement we felt comfortable sharing it with you, especially as I want you to feel confident we are still working on this even if we are not always actively communicating on this thread.

In order to get to 100% eradication of this horrible bug, please keep the error reports coming. Site id’s, request id’s screenshots, descriptions, everything is useful for us in continuing to work this out.

thanks again for your patience.

5 Likes

Seems to have resolved the issue for me. Thank you!

1 Like

wipes sweat off brow :smiley:

great to hear. if there is anyone here who is still having problems, please do keep letting us know.

1 Like

Thanks @perry ! Will post any request IDs if we continue to see the issue.

1 Like

I’m receiving the issue of

Bad Request. Request ID: 01G72SBT633TVGC2MXKAEGW080

Sometimes the entire site won’t load and only returns the message above.
The ID changes on refresh and seems to happen randomly, it’s a nextjs project if that helps isolate the issue.

Hi @SvZ

That was probably related to this: Netlify Status - Increased Error rates in Standard Edge Network

Your site should be back up now, let me know if that’s not the case and we’ll be happy to investigate!

Thank you for the quick update, it is currently working. I’ll monitor it, as this had been happening for a few days prior. Hopefully all is good :crossed_fingers:.

Please do! Today’s errors during the incident’s window are definitely related to that but if anything odd happens and there’s no update from us, feel free to drop a message again.