Netlify Large Media During Build

I need to generate base64 blur data of my images in Netlify Large Media during build. Is there any way to access them? Even through a URL?

Hi, @JWesorick. There is not. This is covered in the limitations section of the Large Media documentation here:

https://docs.netlify.com/large-media/requirements-and-limitations/#limitations

Quoting that section:

• Files tracked with Large Media are uploaded directly to the Netlify Large Media storage service on push, completely bypassing the site build. This saves build time, but also means that the files are not available to tools that process asset files during the build, such as Hugo’s image processing or the gatsby-image plugin. Depending on your needs, you may be able to replace this functionality with Netlify’s image transformation service.

Please note, you can use Git LFS and not use Large Media. Git LFS without Large Media does work normally and you can access the image during the build when this is done.

If you want to modify images during the build, my recommendation would be to disable Large Media (while still using Git LFS if that is something you want to use).

If you want to make this change, please let us know and our support team can uninstall the Large Media add-on from the site. Before we do so, please read the following support guide about this process:

If you have read the guide above and are ready for us to uninstall Large Media, please reply here and let us know which site we should do this for.

Similarly, if there are any other questions, please let us know and we’ll be here to answer.