Netlify form not working

I’m at the end of my wits. Why is this form not working? :frowning:

Any insights greatly appreciated.

<section id="newsletter">
                    <h2>Subscribe to our newsletter!</h2>
                    <form name="newslettersubscription" method="POST" data-netlify="true">
                        <div class="row">
                            <div class="col-12">
                                <label for="email">Email Address</label>
                            </div>
                        </div>
                        <div class="row">
                            <div class="col-12">
                                <input type="email" id="email" name="email" placeholder="you@example.com" required/>
                            </div>
                        </div>
                        <div class="text-center">
                            <button type="button" class="btn btn-warning" aria-label="Submit">Submit</button>
                        </div>
                    </form>
                </section>

Hi @katjacodes

Try changing this to type="submit"

Hey there, @katjacodes

I would second what @coelmay shared! If you still have questions after that, this Support Guide is the first port of call to debug any forms issues. There are also many other Support Guides for forms - you can find them here: #Netlify-support:support-guides

We also recommend trying to search the forums or look at topics tagged Netlify forms if you haven’t already - it’s likely your question was already asked by someone else!

If you are still having problems, please provide more information such as what you have already tried, your site name, a link to your live form, etc. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

THANK YOU SO MUCH! I swear, the forest and the trees, and all that. Sometimes it takes another pair of eyes. Appreciate the support!

2 Likes

Thank you so much, Hillary. I’ve had other questions about Forms in the past, and guide like this one is just what I’ve been looking for.

2 Likes

Quite welcome @katjacodes.

Like when writing we soemtimes read things right even when they are wrong.