Netlify deploy preview adding netlify.js script, adding lots of extra network requests

Just noticed that my deploy previews are all of a sudden adding a tag that loads netlify.js, which then kicks off another 20 - 25 network requests, making it very hard to debug and performance profile my site.

Compared to production

I have made sure the drawer is disabled. Are there other settings I need to check?

Just checked two more of my projects and all their deploy previews are showing this extra network traffic.

Hi @thescientist13 :wave:t6: welcome to the forums and sorry to hear about the issues you’ve had with network requests. Are you using a proxy in front of our network? If so this is likely you are extra network traffic.

Thanks Sam, but I don’t think this would be the case. I am just clicking the deploy preview link generated within a GitHub PR by Netlify, that goes right to the netlify.app domain for deploy previews. Perhaps its my ISP, but it just seems odd that they would be adding a script from Netlify to my site. :slight_smile:

That said, I just checked again my deploy preview link and it seems that that script is now gone, so not sure what happened there but seems like things are behaving as normal now.

Thanks for taking a look!

It was due to this feature: Netlify App

Thanks @hrishikesh , that was my first thought and had checked to see if it had somehow been enabled for my site, but confirmed it was off. Seems like it was just a temporary bug on the Netlify side for a couple days then that turned it on?