Netlify Contact Form Issue

Hello everyone! I have a question about the contact form on my company’s website (https://www.ragnaroknyc.com/career/senior-email-developer). I have a contact form at the bottom of all the pages and it works great until I add a file upload field. The user can upload their file to the contact form but couldn’t submit the form. The page is returning a “post 404” error on the console. I need some help to solve this. Here is my code: Screen Shot 2020-06-01 at 3.25.02 PM|690x448

Hi @Hua

Would you mind sharing your submit handler code too please? That typically tells more than just the HTML :slight_smile:

Jon

Hi, @Hua, have you read this topic already?

I checked the URL above there is no pure HTML form found (which is a requirement for the build system to create the form handler). Please match certain that your javascript submit handler is only submitting fields defined in the HTML form. If you submit a field not defined there the form submission will fail.

If nothing in the troubleshooting topic above resolves the issue, would you please send us a link to the pure HTML version of the form?

Hi @jonsully @luke, thanks for the reply. I was able to make the contact form working now YAY.

But I did need help for other questions.

1. Even though I have some other fields, such as linkedin and resume, they didn’t show up on the Netlify contact form. What can I do to make all the fields show in the Netlify form? I did saw those data passing in MailChimp. Please see my screenshot for the Netlify form.Screen Shot 2020-06-10 at 4.03.42 PM

2. For the resume field, I set the type to be file but it returns something like this “C:\fakepath\test resume.docx.” How should I fix this?

Thank you!

Here is the screenshot for MailChimp
Screen Shot 2020-06-10 at 4.03.22 PM

Could you share the actual HTML of your form? The link you sent:

Does not have any HTML form definitions in it (there is no <form= ...> html). Could you find the file that does (after build), and link us to that? It’s the one that controls our form handling feature so is the one most relevant to this discussion.