and hosted websites took too long to respond

Over the past few days I’ve been experiencing issues accessing as well as the few sites I have hosted on Netlify. After waiting for a while for them to load, I get the error “ took too long to respond.” from the browser. Sometimes, if I try for long enough, eventually the sites will load and work as normal.

I hadn’t encountered this issue in the few months I’ve hosted these sites. The only change since this issue has arisen is I am now at a different location, though the internet is stable and fast here so I’d like to think that isn’t the issue.

This hasn’t occurred on any other sites, nor on the Netlify forum here ( either.

I initially thought it was a serverless function problem, possibly with the render function (from SvelteKit sites), however the same problem happened on as well.

Hi @Maxson52 , welcome to the community! :partying_face:

We had two incidents in the recent days on the Standard Edge Network and I wonder if the issues you’ve experienced occurred at the same time?

If you happen to see the issue again, we would be grateful if you could capture and share the x-nf-request-id so we can take a closer look.

They were around a similar time, however I’m still experiencing these issues. It seems like it is only on this network that it is occurring, as I had a friend test and they had no issue.

I refreshed until I got through, it might’ve been 30 seconds to load. Here is the x-nf-request-id: 01G7ANVRE6545P3AV93M7XP5YK

I also tried loading one of my hosted sites, since I got through in a couple of tries to, but after one timeout I decided not to waste time on it.

Thanks for the help!

Hi @Maxson52,

From our logs, we can see that, it was a cache hit and was served with a TTFB of 76 ms. I believe it might have to do with the said network - maybe it’s taking too long to receive a response.