Name is already taken, conflicting the ownership with other zones

Hello
I’m trying to add a custom domain to my account, but I’m getting the following error:

name is already taken, alduino.dev is conflicting the ownership with other existing zones

I’ve set the verified-for-netlify TXT record to the URL of this post.
Could you switch the domain over to my account?
Thanks

Thanks for verifying! We’ve removed the DNS zone from our database, so you should be able to add the custom domain now. Please let us know if that’s not the case.

2 Likes

Hi Netlify support,
I’m seeing the same error as I try to setup “Netlify DNS” on my account.
My default domain: techsangam.netlify.app
Primary domain: www.techsangam.com
Redirect to primary domain: techsangam.com

Previously my domain was hosted on dreamhost so CNAME record (without changing nameservers on DH) worked. However, techsangam.com wasn’t working even after I added an A record to the IP 104.198.14.52 so I proceeded to:

1. Change nameservers on DH side to point to dns1.p04.nsone.net (and dns2, dns3, dns4) - DONE
  2. Remove the CNAME record on DH - DONE
  3. Remove the A record on DH - DONE

Its’ been over 12 hours since I did steps 1 through 3 but I’m still getting the error mentioned above. Could you pls help?

Thanks.

I thought removing the custom domain and re-adding it would fix the issue but it didn’t.

Using the guide, I too have created a TXT record for “verified-for-netlify.techsangam.com

and pointed it to this page:

Please make necessary changes at your end.

This DNS Zone is already hosted with us successfully, @ulaari, and you seem to have access to that configuration. You will need to use it in the same account that you have configured it in, so the site you try to apply it to should be shown here:

1 Like

Thanks - it’s working now!!

1 Like

getting this error while trying to add and pay for a custom domain “Name is already taken, Name countrystylechicken.net is conflicting the ownership with other existing zones”… can you please help fix it

Hey there, this is happening because the custom domain you’re trying to use already exists on Netlify under a different account.

If you have some idea of who might be using the domain (maybe a previous collaborator or an agency you’ve worked with in the past?), the quickest way to get this resolved is for you to contact that person directly and ask them to remove the domain from their account here:

Netlify App > “Options” dropdown > “Remove domain”

If you’re not sure, please verify domain ownership and let us know by responding here when that’s done. If the verification is successful we can remove the domain from the other account so you can use it on yours.

Hello, and I hope this message finds you well,

I keep getting the following issue:

name is already taken, munsa.org is conflicting the ownership with other existing zones

Furthermore, I was wondering if I could get help on the issue as I have already gotten in contact with the previous collaborator, and they have already removed the domain from their account.

I have already set the verified-for-netlify TXT record to the URL of this post.
May you switch the domain over to this account?
Thank you so much in advance!

Hey there, @munsaisa :wave:

We have freed up this domain and you should now be able to use it. Please let us know if you have any additional questions.

Hello,

I have the same issue with domain “pönkeli.fi” (punycode: xn--pnkeli-wxa) and message was:

“name is already taken, pönkeli.fi is conflicting the ownership with other existing zones”

Previous owner deleted the domain from Netlify and I have added the verified-for-netlify TXT record.

Thank you :slight_smile:

Hi, @kolmeseiska. Thank you for making the verification DNS record. The DNS zone has now been removed from the other account.

You should be able to add the domain to your sites and account now. If not, or if there are other questions, please let us know with a reply here.

1 Like