Multi Page website does not work

Hello, a very big problem for my website (magnificent-trifle-a98029.netlify.app) is when trying to click a button to access a different page in the website, it does not open the new page. The URL changes but nothing else. Lastly, my actual website is in a folder called “views” and I changed the base directory to it, could this be causing problems? Thanks!

The first issue I see with your site @TalkyRaptor is the Malware warning

The next issue is some of the scripts (e.g. assets/js/common.js) are returning a 404 suggesting the paths are incorrect.

Oops, was doing some web crypto mining test, forget to delete the code. I don’t understand, when hosted locally on my PC it works fine.

If you can address the 404 errors, it might work on Netlify too.

Have you tried downloading the deployed files to check everything is deploy as intended?

If you are still having issues, can you share the repository you are deploying from?

It would not download, here is the github repo: GitHub - TNT599/Holy-Unblocker: Holy Unblocker is a secure web proxy service supporting numerous sites while concentrating on detail with design, mechanics, and features. Bypass web filters regardless of whether it is an extension or network-based.

Thanks @TalkyRaptor

The missing JS files in the screenshot above don’t exist. There are similarly named files—they have hashes on them see here.

I do suspect, however, that if you are trying to run this proxy on Netlify, you are not going to have much success. Looking at the package.json shows a single start script which runs backend.js. This is not going to work as outlined in this support guide

Also note the Netlify Terms of Use Agreement which states under section 4. Acceptable Use

The Services may not be used as an open proxy or in any manner resembling an open proxy.

Which I suspect this app likely breaks.

Hosting the static content however is of course fine (e.g. the content in the views directory) you just need to sort of the filename issues outlined above.

2 Likes

Oh, okay. I guess I can’t use this service.