Many templates fail to deploy

Hello!
I am totally new here… and run into a problem right away.
While trying to start adding a new site from template, deployment almost always fails for the following sites (and the corresponding templates):

nimble-hummingbird-16f7a2 (nextjs-blog-theme)
dancing-semolina-a9970c (nextjs-toolbox)
vermillion-dodol-133b0f (solid-quickstart)
celebrated-yeot-74e615 (nuxt-toolbox)
famous-caramel-dd7209 (astro-quickstart)
stirring-starship-8b1533 (astro-toolbox)
quiet-bavarois-ca8871 (angular-quickstart)

with the following error (build log example from angular-quickstart)

12:06:32 AM: build-image version: 4e021f34e58c8c6c6ee69b078ac3e861fee3ee31 (focal)
12:06:32 AM: buildbot version: 4e021f34e58c8c6c6ee69b078ac3e861fee3ee31
12:06:32 AM: Fetching cached dependencies
12:06:32 AM: Failed to fetch cache, continuing with build
12:06:32 AM: Starting to prepare the repo for build
12:06:32 AM: Failing build: Failed to prepare repo
12:06:33 AM: Failed during stage ‘preparing repo’: error checking for ref: : Warning: Permanently added ‘github.com’ (ECDSA) to the list of known hosts.
: exit status 2
12:06:33 AM: Finished processing build request in 1.056s

for standard Build Settings (I did not change them).
Auto-generated repositories on Github remain empty!

Luckily, three managed to deploy…:
https://celadon-crisp-2f1130.netlify.app/ (Bluise)
https://heartfelt-profiterole-c4768a.netlify.app/ (next-netlify-starter)
https://euphonious-marzipan-10ee02.netlify.app/ (gatsby-ecommerce-theme)

Any help is more than welcome, thank you!
Best regards,
Ioannis

Did you look at your deploy log? I also recommend you check out this resource

Hello, thanks for your answer.
Unfortunately nothing in the Support Guide helps, but the problem is that it should work, because it is “only” a template!
As for the deploy log, I already included it in my first post.
Any help will be very welcome!

Can you share your repo? I’m thinking that it’s possible you’re build might not set up correctly. Also try clearing the cache on netlify to ensure that the build process starts over again. See if that helps.

Hello again, please allow me to rephrase my issue.

I am trying to deploy templates. This is an automated process which I do not influence at all. Three of the templates were deployed successfully, all the rest fails.
All repos on my Github account are private (even selecting public didn’t help).

Templates that are deployed successfully have files in their respective repos. Templates that fail to deploy result to an empty repo. Obviously the problem occurs at the moment of cloning the template to my Git provider, in this case Github. Netlify does create a new repo for the template, though.

This should be a generic problem and not just mine. Pretty much anyone who tries to deploy templates should have faced it by now. But why do some templates deploy successfully and some others not?

On my initial post I have listed the sites (and the corresponding templates), as well as the deploy log (exactly the same for all sites that fail).

I clear the cache everytime, but how should it retry with latest branch commit, if the repo is empty?

I really don’t get it… This is an automated process and should work out-of-the-box.
Am I missing something?

I appreciate your effort to help me!

I was able to successfully deploy the nuxt-toolbox template and the repository was successfully cloned to my git profile.

It was possibly a momentary issue when you attempted the deploy. Have you tried again since?

GitHub recently updated various cryptographic keys. Based on your error I suspect that is what affected your build. I would retry after clearing your build cache.