Issue with Blazor app deploying to Netlify

I’m new to deploying, and yaml files so I’ve been having trouble figuring out why I can fork someone’s repo that works with deploying a Blazor app to Netlify, but when I try to follow along the tutorial there have been some errors along the way.

I’ve been trying to follow along this tutorial to deploy a Blazor app to Netlify: Hosting Blazor on Netlify using Github Actions (Part 3 of Series) - DEV Community 👩‍💻👨‍💻

This tutorial is a little old since it’s using preview versions of Blazor and is working off .NET Standard 2.0, while the Blazor app I’m working with is using .NET Core 3.1, so I’m not sure what I would need to do different.

The netlify site I’m trying to deploy to is: https://course-display.netlify.app/
The repo I’m working with is: GitHub - TravisWisecup/Course_Display

The yaml file that seems to be the most…accurate? is as follows:

name: Course_Display
on: [push]

jobs:
build:
runs-on: ubuntu-latest
steps:
- uses: actions/checkout@v1
- name: Setup .NET Core
uses: actions/setup-dotnet@v1
with:
dotnet-version: 3.1.100
- name: Build with dotnet
run: dotnet build --configuration Release
- name: Publish Blazor webassembly using dotnet
run: dotnet publish -c Release --no-build -o ./…/CourseDisplay/
- name: Publish generated Blazor webassembly to Netlify
uses: netlify/actions/cli@master
env:
NETLIFY_AUTH_TOKEN: ${{ secrets.NETLIFY_AUTH_TOKEN }}
NETLIFY_SITE_ID: ${{ secrets.NETLIFY_SITE_ID }}
with:
args: deploy --dir=Course_Display/ --prod
secrets: ‘[“NETLIFY_AUTH_TOKEN”, “NETLIFY_SITE_ID”]’

The site has also shown “Page Not Found…”
In the workflow we get this error:
“##[warning]Unexpected input(s) ‘secrets’, valid inputs are [‘entryPoint’, ‘args’]” during the “Publish generated Blazor webassembly to Netlify” step.

Any help would be appreciated, thanks in advance!

Hi @TravisWisecup,

It looks like you are trying to deploy using Github Actions. I’m not sure how you have that set up so you might need to check with the author of the tutorial to see if there was something you need to change to get that working. As far as your course-display site, I see the following error:

6:17:15 PM: Failed during stage 'building site': Deploy directory 'Course_Display\bin\Release\netcoreapp3.1\publish\dist' does not exist

I checked your repository and did not see that path exists. You’ll want to make sure your Publish directory is set to deploy from an existing folder. You can see more about configuring your builds here: Build configuration overview | Netlify Docs.

Let me know if that helps.