How to update the mail IP records

Hello,

I deployed my website on Netlify using a domain that I originally bought through Hostgator

Hostgator manages the emails I have associated with that domain.

Since I changed the DNS records of that domain to Netlify’s (to use the domain on Netlify), I stopped receiving emails.

Hostgator told me that to fix this I have to update the MX records and the mail IP records on Netlify with some information that they provided.

I updated the MX records successfully, but can’t find where to update the mail IP records.

Where can I update the mail IP records?

Thank you for your help.

PLEASE help us help you by writing a good post!

• we need to know your netlify site name. Example: gifted-antelope-58b104.netlify.app
  • DNS issues? Tell us the custom domain, tell us the error message! We can’t help if we don’t know your domain.
  • Build problems? Link or paste the FULL build log & build settings screenshot

The better the post - the faster the answer.

Hi have you given this source a read to see if this helps solve your problem? [Support Guide] How can I receive emails on my domain?

I did. That is the information I used to update the MX records. While talking more with Hostgator they told me that what needed to be updated on Netlify along with the MX records were the A records and now my email is working.

Thanks