How to add the Netlify Drawer to custom deploy preview build

My team is currently not using the Netlify GitHub app to build the deploy previews. We are using a GitHub Action to do so. It uses the Netlify JS client and publishes it as with the draft option as true.

I would like to know if it’s possible to add the Netlify Drawer to manually triggered builds like we are doing.

Thanks in advance!

Hey there! Great question.

Only sites built via the GitHub app will have CDP enabled. However, I haven’t personally tested how CDPs perform on API-generated sites! If you browse to a deploy preview ( deploy-preview-xxx--sitename.netlify.app ) you’ll be able to see the drawer, if it was available for API-derived deploy previews.

Yes, I tested it and the drawer didn’t show up on my deploy preview. I’m using the same URL prefix of deploy-preview too. I guess the GitHub app is doing something extra to make it appear.

hi breno, do you have a deploy preview we can look at to confirm, please? I’ll check with the folks who are working on CDP for you.

Sure, there you go:
https://deploy-preview-110--teams-react-dev.netlify.app/

Hi there, @breno :wave:

My apologies for the delay here! We have been a bit underwater as of late.

Can you confirm if you are still encountering issues with this? If you are, please let me know and I will resurface it to our team!

No problem, @hillary

Yes, I’m still encountering issues. The Netlify Drawer is not present in the deploy previews.

Hi there @breno, sorry to be slow to reply. CDP is not available on manual deploys. If there are any questions, please let us know.

2 Likes