Geniuls.com or one of its subdomains is already managed by Netlify DNS on another team

Hi!

I cannot add my custom domain geniuls.com since I added it before to a different team with a different account. However, due to some issues, I deleted that account and can, thus, not remove the domain myself anymore. could you help me with that?

The team I am trying to add it to is: geniuls-official

Thank you!
Bhuwan Chandra

Hi @geniuls :wave:t6: welcome to the Netlify support forums!

Thanks for reaching out. This is happening because the custom domain you’re trying to use already exists on Netlify under a different account.

If you have some idea of who might be using the domain (maybe a previous collaborator or an agency you’ve worked with in the past?), the quickest way to get this resolved is for you to contact that person directly and ask them to remove the domain from their account here:

Netlify App > “Options” dropdown > “Remove domain”

If you’re not sure, please verify domain ownership and let us know the domain you’re trying to use and on which site you’re trying to use the domain. If the verification is successful we can remove the domain from the other account so you can use it on yours.

@SamO Thanks for replying,
I have already updated the DNS record and added a txt record. I don’t have access to old Netlify account now.

Hi @geniuls,

The domain has been removed from the other site.