Function timing out, no idea why

Hello

I keep getting this error on reloading a NextJS site page:

An unhandled error in the function code triggered the following message:

2023-02-07T10:36:58.830Z a9372ae1-b34d-4013-ac39-2ec03f57acb4 Task timed out after 10.01 seconds

I haven’t deployed any custom functions. This seems to be an issue with: Function ___netlify-handler

Netlify internal ID: 01GRNQ664WS0T0H447B7DWQBB1

Hi there :wave:t6: welcome to the forums!

It sounds like you need a function timeout increase. We can definitely bump you up to 26 seconds, but you’ll need to be on the Pro tier for us to make that change - that’s a requirement that applies to everyone who wants a bigger timeout. You can upgrade to Pro easily through the Netlify UI dashboard.

If you don’t want to upgrade your tier you can give this support guide a read this may help you minimize your use of functions so it doesn’t timeout as easily. [Support Guide] Why is my function timing out?

But why is it even timing out in the first place? I’m not using any of Netlify’s lambda functions. We never faced this problem when using vercel’s free tier.

That’s something you’d have to debug, I’m afraid. Maybe you go through the guide shared above:

Please read this: GitHub - netlify/next-runtime: The Next.js Runtime allows Next.js to run on Netlify with zero configuration