Function Invocation Timeout

Hi,

Some of my Netlify Function invocations are taking over 10 seconds to run for large queries on onek1k.netlify.app.

I have (had?) a support ticket in progress with Gualter A, where it was changed to the maximum for a Pro account (26s). Unfortunately, this doesn’t appear to have worked.

Could someone please help me by confirming this is set to the maximum possible timeout?

Thanks,
~Glenn

Have confirmed that your functions on that site are really and truly running with a 26 second timeout, at least in your production deploy.

Looking at the traffic for that app, I see 2 requests today that ran for longer than 10 seconds - one ran successfully in 18s https://onek1k.org/.netlify/functions/search?type=cd4et%2Ccd4nc%2Ccd4sox4%2Ccd8nc%2Ccd8et%2Ccd8s100b%2Cnk%2Cnkr%2Cbmem%2Cbin%2Cplasma%2Cmonoc%2Cmononc%2Cdc&resultSet=eqtl&chromosome=1&start=1&end=500000 and one ended after not finishing in 26 seconds.

So am pretty sure it’s working as designed :slight_smile:

If you see some 10 second aborted function loads with a 502 status, that would indicate the timeout; anything else (longer loads that still return 502’s; longer loads that return other statuses) is the feature working as designed.

Heya,

Thanks for following up on that - I ended up having support confirm that they’d increased the timeout, I just didn’t realise you needed to trigger a fresh build in order for it to take effect.

That answers my question/request, thanks!

1 Like

Thanks so much for following up. Happy building! :rocket: