- I do have “netlify” on the form element. (I think if I didn’t I wouldn’t see the form on the netlify dashboard).
- I do have a name on the opening form. (I see that name on the dashboard so I assume that was recognized)
- The name is unique because I only have one form.
- Every input does have a “name” attibute…
- …and is unique.
- I checked the spam filter.
The dashboard says “last submission on April 16” which is probably when I did my initial testing of the form.
This is the html. (Note that it exists in index.html at the time the page loads, but it has display: none at page load.)
<form class='contact-form' name='contact' method='POST' action='/thanks'><input type='hidden' name='form-name' value='contact' />
<label><span>Your Name:</span> <input type="text" name="name"/></label>
<label><span>Your Email:</span> <input type="email" name="email"/></label>
<label><span>Subject:</span> <input type="text" name="subject"/></label>
<p style="display: none;">
<label><span>Phone:</span> <input name="bot-field"/></label>
<label><span>Message:</span> <textarea name="message"></textarea></label>
I just checked my git history and the only thing that is different on the form from when it worked to when it didn’t is I added the class to the form element.
I know that something must have been posted to the netlify server. It would be nice if there were a “debug” button that could list all traffic so I could figure out why the submission was rejected.
Thanks for your time!